[Tagging] RFC: service=? for all highway=service (service=parking needed, primarily, I think)

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 13:31:38 UTC 2020

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 at 14:02, Tobias Zwick <osm at westnordost.de> wrote:

Maybe service=property_access would be a little more clear.

Or not.  Because it overlaps with service=driveway.  Especially as property
is often used to describe dwellings.

> Of course, strictly speaking, pretty much all the above are also
> "properties". Is
> there a word in English that would describe more accurately those kind
> of hmm, bigger properties, like industrial and commercial parks,
> hospital grounds etc etc (as mentioned in an earlier post)?

For universities and some hospitals, campus.  Doesn't really work for
mid-range
though.

How about service=internal or something similar?  A road, or network of
roads,
internal to an area such as a university, hospital, caravan park, military
base,
manufacturing facility, business park, industrial estate, etc.

--
Paul