[Tagging] Have our tagging voting rules changed recently?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Aug 4 07:57:40 UTC 2020

Hi,

looking at the "bare_soil" proposal I was surprised to read:

"Any opposition vote without reason or suggestion will not be counted in
the voting process."

Is that something that we have added by consensus?

It sounds like a somewhat sneaky measure to ignore opposition votes, or
discourage those who cannot properly express their opposition in English
from voting in the first place. It also raises the question of what
requirements there are for a "reason or suggestion". If I vote no with a
reason "it stinks", will there then be someone who says "ah, this is not
a valid reason" and strips me of my vote? Who will that person be?

Has this been used in other votes in the past? I'm tempted to say it
would invalidate any vote but maybe it *is* indeed based on consensus
and I missed that.

Bye
Frederik