[Tagging] Have our tagging voting rules changed recently?

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Tue Aug 4 09:32:05 UTC 2020

On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 at 09:46, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> On 04.08.20 10:06, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> >> Have our tagging voting rules changed recently?
>
> > Which rules?
>
> Should I have written "was our voting process changed recently", or what
> exactly are you asking? I meant the established way of proposing and
> voting for tags as outlined in
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposal_process.

What I was asking - exactly - was which were the rules to which you
referred, explicitly, both in your question and in the subject heading
of your email.

Now that you have provided a URL, I see that they are not rules at
all, and that the page includes in its introduction the caveat:

  This page is designed to assist anyone considering putting forward a tag
   proposal, with the aim of speeding the tag proposing process. It is not
   meant as a set of absolute rules, but as a guide.

and indeed that this is, as that introduction also says, merely:

   one of multiple ways to introduce and discuss new tags for features
   and properties

I'm glad we've cleared that up.

--
Andy Mabbett