[Tagging] Rio de la Plata edit war

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Tue Aug 4 19:41:53 UTC 2020

On Tuesday 04 August 2020, Kevin Kenny wrote:

> The Hudson definitely reverses flow. One of its names among the First
> Peoples translates to 'the river flows both ways.'  The division in
> the flow lies less in the fraction of the tidal cycle than the speed
> of the current. It flows 'upstream' for half the time, 'downstream'
> for half, but the downstream current is considerably swifter.

Note the proposal is a draft and does not necessarily represent the
ultimate wisdom on everything written there.  I am not an expert on
tidal dynamics of rivers so it is well possible that some adjustments
in the details are advisable.  Defining the lower limit in the tidal
case through water flow volume rather than duration seems prudent (and
also better matching the logic for the non-tidal case) - i chose
duration mostly because it is practically easier for the mapper to
observe.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/