[Tagging] customer_service=yes/no - Feature proposal RFC

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Thu Aug 6 21:16:36 UTC 2020

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Customer_service
again

Main difference is witching to customer_service=yes/no
from amenity=customer_service

Thanks for all feedback and thanks for edits and comments.

Rationale:

Distinguishing closed office spaces and offices with client service
locations has no standard solution.

Both are currently tagged as office=company, but it seems to me that
there is a clear need to distinguish between:

    a company office where I can walk in and handle issues with
    existing products or services (or maybe buy them)

    a company office closed to outsiders, where workers do not interact
    with walk-ins; people attempting to get inside would be escorted
    out by security

This tag is also likely to be useful for office=government - some are
primarily or partially contact points with public, some are internal
and closed to outsiders.

Current alternative:

Using access tags access=yes/access=customers/access=private - it is
not entirely clear. And in many cases place clearly offers customer
service but nearly all office is still closed to outsiders. Still, it
is a viable alternative.