[Tagging] Apparent conflicting/redundant access tags

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Fri Aug 7 11:55:56 UTC 2020

This is why access=yes is useless on highway objects as it is not clear if it overrides implicit access restrictions or not. If it did it would have to be accompanied by a comprehensive list of forbidden access modes (and similar arguments apply to all but the simplest use of access=no too).

Am 7. August 2020 08:34:33 MESZ schrieb Niels Elgaard Larsen <elgaard at agol.dk>:
>On Thu, 6 Aug 2020 17:12:48 +1000
>Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>OK, now you've all got me confused!
>>
>>I always thought that access=yes means that it is open to the general
>>public, while access=no means that it's not open to the public?
>

>The issue is that it becomes the default for all other transport mode
>access.
>
>I once had OsmAnd direct me to turn my car right on a very tiny path.
>
>It was tagged as highway=foot,access=yes

Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android-Mobiltelefon mit Kaiten Mail gesendet.