[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - more parking types

Alessandro Sarretta alessandro.sarretta at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 12:23:56 UTC 2020

Dear Matthew,

On 06/08/20 22:52, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Please see
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/more_parking.
>
> To summarize: I am proposing the following:
>
> - To codify / make official the de-facto parking_space=disabled

I've always had some doubts in using parking_space=disabled.

When I had to map parking spaces specifically designed for disabled
people (i.e. only disabled people can park there), I've used
disabled=designated, because it defines (or that is my interpretation)
an access condition and it applies it to disabled people.

While parking_space=disabled seems to be more generic.

But if the default use of parking_space=disables means exactly that only
disabled people can park there, I'm ok to use it (and change my edits),
but in this case an explicit description in this sense is required in
the wiki page.

Best,

Ale