[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - more parking types

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Fri Aug 7 17:11:31 UTC 2020

On 06.08.20 22:52, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/more_parking

I like it, thanks for working on this topic! Two suggestions:

Could you add a short definition of "compact"? I can guess that it's
supposed to mean parking spaces for compact cars, but the first Google
result for me is some parking system for trucks at motorways. Better to
avoid the ambiguity.

Also, I guess we need to decide if we need to be able to map something
that fits more than one class, like a takeaway parking spot reserved for
users with disabilities. If so, we could consider a solution something
like parking_space:takeaway=yes, or a clearly defined meaning for
semicolon-separated values.