[Tagging] Electric scooter parking

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 21:33:09 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 7. Aug 2020, at 17:57, Jan Michel <jan at mueschelsoft.de> wrote:
>
> I propose to not introduce new top-level keys because they are not flexible enough. I'm very well aware that we have parking, bicycle_parking and motorcycle_parking already, but it just doesn't scale with the amount of different vehicle types.

I don’t see why the tags should be flexible as the parkings aren’t. You cannot park a bicycle at a motorcycle parking nor the contrary. If we used the same top level tag for both we would only risk to create false expectations. Flexibility is fine if the details are just additional information, not if it’s the main information. E.g. it is logical that we did not create different top level tags for guarded parkings vs. unguarded parkings, or free parkings vs. paid parkings, because you can park your automobile in both. The situation is different for bicycle parking vs. automobile parking.

Cheers Martin