[Tagging] Electric scooter parking

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 21:51:30 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 7. Aug 2020, at 20:14, Jan Michel <jan at mueschelsoft.de> wrote:
>
> It might be useful to have two different top-level amenity tags for parking lots for large and small vehicles, but not one tag for every type of vehicle.

I would say it depends on the kind of parkings that are to be mapped. If there are mixed parking areas for different vehicle types, your approach is fine, but if there are mostly dedicated areas for just a specific vehicle type, it would seem unnecessarily complicated to have to use many tags just to say something is a bicycle parking, also because if you’re in an automobile you wouldn’t want to find them and when you’re with a bike you would not want to find the other, having them all mixed up in one or two tags, just to later having to filter through all those different kind of vehicle parkings, with probably also lots of additional tags missing, just to finally reduce it to the few specific parkings that you are interested in, makes life more complicated for everybody and will also lead to errors based on incomplete information, which could have been completely avoided by using a dedicated tag for a specific kind of thing.

Cheers Martin