[Tagging] Electric scooter parking

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sat Aug 8 15:55:44 UTC 2020

On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 6:13 AM Jan Michel <jan at mueschelsoft.de> wrote:

> On 07.08.20 23:36, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> >> On 7. Aug 2020, at 19:12, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:
> >> I feel like a data consumer unable to deal with access tagging is
> already broken in advance.
> > although we already use access like tags for parkings it should be noted
> that being allowed to access is different to being allowed to park, in
> general.
>
> The only use of an amenity=parking is to park there, so there is no
> other access that we have to consider. The situation may be different
> for ways and streets on the parking lot, but these are tagged separately
> anyhow. If the whole area is also used for other purposes (like street
> markets), then this is tagged on a spearate object with separate access
> tags.

Which honestly makes me surprised we have two separate amenities for
parking already, since amenity=parking, access=no, bicycle=designated would
be equivalent to amenity=bicycle_parking, and would make it easier to
describe unusual parking situations (like a parking area that only allowed
bicycles and buses to park) more intuitively.