[Tagging] Swappable parking side - parking:lane:left_right_switchable=yes ?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sat Aug 8 17:21:27 UTC 2020

See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:parking:lane for
documented tagging

In some cases parallel parking is allowed on one side of the road,
only one but not specified which one (as there is enough space to
park a car parallel - without obstructing traffic, but next car will not fit).

As result on one week vehicles may park on left side of the road, next
week all on right, the situation may also change along road length.

Is there any existing tagging covering this?

I thought about

parking:lane:left=parallel
parking:lane:right=no_stopping
parking:lane:left_right_switchable=yes

as it would allow backward compatibility,
with parking tagged on side where it happens more often

Or just ignoring this, and tagging

parking:lane:left=parallel
parking:lane:right=no_stopping

(my current solution, but I feel a bit guilty about it)