[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - more parking types

Alessandro Sarretta alessandro.sarretta at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 04:59:05 UTC 2020

Hi Graeme,

On 09/08/20 01:12, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 at 03:39, Matthew Woehlke <mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
> <mailto:mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     We already have capacity and capacity=disabled, what's the problem
>     with adding more
>     capacity:*?
>

> But what number do we show for "capacity"?
>
> I started wondering about this after one of the carparks you mentioned
> in Quantico recently showed capacity 15, with 11 car spaces + 4
> motorbike spaces. Should that be =15, or =11 + 4?
>
> So, do we have a shopping centre parking lot with capacity=100, or
> should we have capacity:"vehicle"=60; capacity:motorbike=10;
> capacity:disabled=10; capacity:prams***=6; capacity:ev_charging=4;
> capacity:(temporary/short_term/click'n'collect)=5; capacity:loading=5

the wiki (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dparking)
seems to me quite clear about this, defining "capacity" as "The amount
of available parking spaces, /including/ all special parking spaces
(e.g., disabled). Read talk
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:amenity%3Dparking> page on
this."

If one has all the available information, I think that the tag
capacity=* and tags capacity:*=* can and should stay together.

Ale