[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Takeaway drinks shops

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 21:16:52 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 10. Aug 2020, at 15:11, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If you disagree with that, then whichever of shop
> or amenity you think is the best fit to your cultural edge case and should
> therefore apply to all types of establishment in all countries, I want the other
> one.  If you think they should all be shops, even though they have some
> seats, I think they should all be amenities even if they allow consumption
> on the premises.  If you think they should all be amenities even if they don't
> allow consumption on the premises, I think they should all be shops even if
> they have seats.

I think we could have just one tag for bubble tea establishments, either shop or amenity, and deal with seating in a separate tag (or, for example, something like takeaway=only).
Have a look at ice cream. it is somehow similar (although there are I believe a wider variety of places, e.g. cafes which sell cups of ice cream with fruits, vs the ice cream wafer takeaway places), in particular, amenity=ice_cream does not guarantee that you can sit down in the place.

Cheers Martin

PS: for the avoidance of doubt, I agree that shops are more for takeaway places and amenity more for places that invite customers to consume at the premises.