[Tagging] Fwd: Re[2]: PTv2 public_transport=stop_position for stop positions that vary based on train length

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 02:31:22 UTC 2020

On 11/8/20 9:25 am, 80hnhtv4agou--- via Tagging wrote:
> one of the points that i talked about, that no one has answered yet is
> what about someone not local
> who just puts 400 + unverified stops on platforms and there all wrong.

If you find something wrong - correct it.

If the things mapped are deceitful, malicious etc then report it to the
DWG to prevent more of the same.

If the things mapped are better than what was there before then I would
call them improvements and thus beneficial, no point in being upset by it.

Being local is not a requirement to map, get over it. Local knowledge is
beneficial as it aids mapping things that have local characteristics -
like where trains stop.