[Tagging] Tagging specialized head lice removal salons

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 12:40:12 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 12. Aug 2020, at 14:26, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> sent from a phone
>
>>> On 12. Aug 2020, at 13:55, Lisbeth Salander <lisbeths at gmx.us> wrote:
>> For the
>> moment, I filled in general `healthcare` tags:
>> https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/7806359146
>

> I agree with Paul that those which are also hairdressers should probably get an additional property, although I would not use “beauty” as key for this. Either you would use a healthcare-subtag like
> healthcare:specialty=head_lice_removal (or treatment or whatever) or even a

specific tag like
head_lice_removal=yes

Similarly, as a main tag,
amenity=head_lice_removal
or
healthcare=head_lice_removal would be ok (I would not subtag them as dermatologists, if all that they offer is head lice removal).

You do not need an approval to use a tag in OpenStreetMap, but there is a proposal process which you are encouraged to use in order to get a formally discussed and approved tag.
It is outlined here:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposal_process

Cheers Martin