[Tagging] Waterway equivalent of noexit=yes?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 16:50:35 UTC 2020

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 at 17:07, Tod Fitch <tod at fitchfamily.org> wrote:

> To clarify it for me, the a “waterway=spread” tag would be used on a node
> (rendered possibly as an asterisk) or on a way? Or either depending the
> situation?

I'd say "spreads" rather than "spread" because that's the term OS uses.
I've only
ever seen OS use it on the terminal node of a waterway.  More of a
crow's-foot
symbol than an asterisk, usually, but an asterisk works.  I have no idea how
you'd render it sensibly on a way.  I assume you're thinking of something
like a
very sandy river bed where the water sometimes gets further than other
times,
depending on conditions.  I'd be happy enough with a single node, because
that's better than we have now.  If you can justify applying it to a way and
think there's a need then do so, but if you're just trying to keep QA tools
happy...

--
Paul