[Tagging] Antwort: Re: Aerialway stations

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 13 17:52:53 UTC 2020

On 2020-08-13 19:41, Yves wrote:

> If top, middle, bottom have a meaning for the OP, I'm not sure it's really general, counter-examples have been given.

It's not the OP's private project, there is a reason why this is being
debated in public.

> To avoid confusion with elevation, what would be another way to tag them?
> Motor position have been given, but it is not really relevant for the common user.
> For routing aerialway:access and the connection to a piste:type=downhill start (or whatever) may be sufficient.
> What is the use case here?

Good question! Not because there isn't one, but because it helps to
understand which problem we are solving, and to get everyone on the same
page before we all start contributing solutions to different problems.