[Tagging] Waterway equivalent of noexit=yes?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 11:05:31 UTC 2020

On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 at 06:42, Mark Wagner <mark+osm at carnildo.com> wrote:

> For a larger and far more dramatic example of this sort of situation,
> look at the area to the west of Death Valley Playa.  It looks like
> someone stacked hundreds of river deltas on top of one another, but
> forgot to add the water.

As I understand it (possibly not all that well) a sinkhole as the wiki
defines it
is a large hole in the ground which water enters and vanishes without
pooling.
What Ordnance Survey calls "sinks" appears to be more akin to a hole in a
golf
course that water enters and vanishes.  What Ordnance Survey calls "spreads"
is a sand or soil or gravel surface that water vanishes into without
pooling and
without there being any noticeable hole.

I'm not sure if any of those fit what you have and maybe what you have is
more of a network of intermittent streams.

--
Paul