[Tagging] bridge:name and tunnel:name

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Fri Aug 14 12:43:06 UTC 2020

Aug 14, 2020, 14:37 by email at daniel-korn.de:

> Am 14.08.2020 um 14:29 schrieb Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging:
>

>> Aug 13, 2020, 15:01 by >> email at daniel-korn.de>> :
>>
>>> Here's an example [1] where the name of the tunnel seems to          be tagged as "name". I'm not sure what the roads name is          (might be Schlossbergtunnel, Hegelstraße or Rheinlandstraße).          Tagging it to tunnel:name would definitely clarify on this.
>>>
>>> So is there a consensus that one should tag "tunnel:name"          instead of "name" for the name of the tunnel?
>>>
>> If name or road and tunnel is different - yes.
>>
>> If name of tunnel is also name of road then name tag should        be fine.
>>
> So in my example of "Schlossbergtunnel", how would you have it    tagged?

given
"I'm not sure what the roads name is          (might be Schlossbergtunnel, Hegelstraße or Rheinlandstraße)."
it would be

tunnel:name=Schlossbergtunnel
fixme=not sure what the roads name is          (might be Schlossbergtunnel, Hegelstraße or Rheinlandstraße), maybe tunnel:name should be changed to name

and require more survey