[Tagging] new page for tree_lined=*

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 13:02:22 UTC 2020

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 at 13:45, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> Maybe outright recommending removal after trees are mapped would be even
> better?

Yes.

But we all know that many people don't read the wiki, they just go by what
the editor gives them.  They see a tree row in aerial imagery, so they add
it.
They don't think to check all the nearby objects that might have been given
a tree-lined attribute so they can remove it.  So we can recommend removal
of the attribute when actual tree rows are added but I wouldn't count on it
happening.

Better, I think, would be to recommend this attribute not be used.

--
Paul