[Tagging] new page for tree_lined=*

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 14:43:22 UTC 2020

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 at 14:55, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> indeed I would not suggest to use this on polygons, rather for linear
> features like roads and waterways. I’m specifically interested in roads
> with associated, purposefully planted tree roads (shade, scenic effect).

 Around here there are roads several miles long lined with trees.  I've
rarely
mapped them unless there was a compelling reason, but adding this attribute
to the road doesn't really help.  There will be hundreds of metres that are
tree-lined, then anywhere from 10 to hundreds of metres of ordinary hedge,
then more trees.  It can be trees on both sides, or one side, or
alternating.
I hope you get the idea.  I don't think I've seen any stretch of road which
is continuously lined with trees along its entire length.  To use this
attribute I'd have to put many splits in the way.

I wouldn't use this attribute on anything around here.  I wouldn't recommend
that anybody else use it.  In fact, I'd recommend they don't.

--
Paul