[Tagging] tourism=caravan_site versus tourism=camp_site: camping with a tent

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 20:35:58 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 14. Aug 2020, at 22:24, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Both tags allow tents, and both allow camper vans and caravans.
>

> interesting, I would have expected a caravan site to not permit tents by default.

actually the caravan site puts it a little differently than the above summary:

“ They may also have some space for tents. If a site is primarily for tents, it should be tagged as tourism=camp_site”

so the tents, while possible, will play a minor role in caravan sites, according to the wiki, and it may not be possible to set them up at all.

Maybe, rather than tents=yes/no it could be a property like capacity:tents=n
where no would be expressed as n=0

looked it up, and bang, already in use:
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/capacity%3Atents#combinations

Cheers Martin