[Tagging] oneway=yes on motorways

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 01:04:30 UTC 2020

On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 at 07:59, António Madeira via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> In this
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dmotorway#How_to_map>
> section, I suggest changing the text:
> "These ways should all point direction of travel and be tagged with
> oneway=yes."

> "These ways should all point direction of travel and imply oneway=yes
> (like junction=roundabout), therefore the oneway tag is redundant and
> should be avoided."

While I agree with you that the oneway tag is probably redundant, if we
remove them are we possibly opening ourselves / OSM to criticism "But my
GPS didn't say it was one-way only" (& yes, I have that little faith in any
number of drivers! :-()

Thanks

Graeme