[Tagging] bridge:name and tunnel:name

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 09:18:12 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 15. Aug 2020, at 01:21, Arne Johannessen <arne at thaw.de> wrote:
>
> That's precisely why man_made=tunnel is so rare.

IMHO a tunnel is more than the way through it, the ventilation shafts, escape ways, also arguably all the tubes, could be considered „the tunnel“. The reason it is not done typically is that these features aren’t very visible (mostly underground) and hard to survey (you may not legally enter the escape ways usually, may not enter by bike or on foot).
For all of our common usecases, mapping the way through the tunnel and indicating it is inside a tunnel is sufficient, that’s why we do not map them in greater detail so far). An implicit tunnel is considered sufficient.

Cheers Martin