[Tagging] new page for tree_lined=*

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 10:43:02 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 15. Aug 2020, at 07:32, Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I do see these issues with adding sidewalks and cycle paths, where we have a similar choice between mapping as separate objects or as road property.

it is often perceived as an either or choice, but there is no reason to not do both.

Looking at the discussion here, I am thinking it might eventually be better to use a different tag for the property I have in mind, because “tree_lined” is very generic, while I am mostly after scenic, specifically planted trees, not incidentally occurring trees.
Maybe a subtag tree_line=avenue would make sense?
Osm history shows that every time where a generic word is used to tag a specific feature or property, the meaning of the tag becomes blurred after a while.

Cheers Martin