[Tagging] new page for tree_lined=*

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 05:37:08 UTC 2020

Martin Koppenhoefer:

> I think we can assume that a line of trees in the middle is sufficient to
> make mappers use 2 highways instead of 1!? How can we distinguish between
> the following sections
> tree - road - tree - road - tree
> and
> tree - road - tree - tree - road - tree
> and
> tree - road - tree - significant “void“ space - tree - road - tree?

I would not make too much of it. The attribute gives the aspect of the
road, not the actual feature with details. So, all cases: both roads look
tree lined at both sides, so they get tree_lined=both.

If the space is significant, better map it as a landuse feature. Sometimes
a complete wildlife reserve can be found between road halves.

Example:  trees - road - trees - cycleway : the road gets tree_lined=both
and the cycleway tree_lined=left (assuming forward direction of the way and
righthand driving).