[Tagging] We should stop using hyphens to denote address ranges

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 23:27:36 UTC 2020

On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 at 05:51, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On the other hand using the "1-5" notation to indicate a range is pretty
>> well understood in the UK at least. What it is missing is the
>> "interpolation" value (even, odd, all).
>> So let us sort this mess out by defining:
>> 1) that a hyphen indicates a range
>>
> Are there any other scenarios for hyphenated addresses?

As Andrew mentioned earlier, out here it is very common to have an address
like 1-5 which means that one property is built across 3 blocks, so it's
official address is "1 to 5", with no interpolation. Even numbers are on
the other side of the road, so nobody is going to be looking here for 2 & 4.

Thanks

Graeme