[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC -Funeral hall

wolle68 at posteo.de wolle68 at posteo.de
Wed Aug 19 16:51:44 UTC 2020

I'm not familiar with such privately owned cemeteries, so others may be
better placed.

Here are my thoughts from what you write:

If there is a crematorium, as I already wrote, I think it's pointless to
add such a new tag, because a room like that would probably go with any
crematorium anyhow (or maybe one could tag it if the building is
completely distinct).

Funeral directors often have their own ceremony rooms in some countries.
Just as with the crematorium, I wouldn't add a tag unless it's a
distinct building (but I'm completely open about this).

Here, if I've understood correctly, we have a funeral directors shop
with its own cemetery.  I suppose it makes sense to tag a "funeral
hall", because for other cemeteries we would also give the info that
they have such premises. In the case of your example, they appear to
have two spaces "chapel space" for religious funerals and "event space"
for others.  If you know where they are, you could even tag one
amenity=place_of_worship / religion=multifaith and the other
amenity=funeral_hall.

To sum it up, we could say to tag any such premise, unless it is clearly
ancillary to an already tagged crematorium or funeral directors shop.

For those airport chapels, I guess they are supposed to be at least
religious. As long as that is the case, I don't see an issue with "place
of worship".  The day they start calling their chapel "meditation room",
we might indeed have to think about something else.