[Tagging] We should stop using hyphens to denote address ranges

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sat Aug 22 09:51:13 UTC 2020

Aug 22, 2020, 11:43 by andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com:

> On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 at 17:25, Thibault Molleman <> thibaultmolleman at gmail.com> > wrote:
>
>> So what's the consensus on an apartment building (way) that has mailboxes for each person who has an apartment there.
>> I've just been tagging those as:
>> addr:housenumber = A1;A2;A3;A4;A5;A6;A7;A8;A9;A10;A11
>>

> Could you use > https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr:flats> ? Leaving unit/apartment/flat numbers out of the addr:housenumber.

It depends - are there actually separate house numbers assigned to each apartment?
(yes, it happens -  similarly to some places that assigned house numbers to every single
house, shed and separate address for every single door of a garage)

Or is there a house number (assigned to building or building complex) and separate
unit/apartment/flat number? In such case addr:housenumber = A1;A2;A3;A4;A5;A6;A7;A8;A9;A10;A11
would be misuse of the tag.