[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - kerb=regular

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 11:01:08 UTC 2020

On 22/8/20 12:56 am, Supaplex wrote:

> I see that I have probably chosen an unfavorable solution to solve the
> problem described. Many seem to accept the basic problem: There is
> only one qualitative category for all kerbs with a height of over ~3
> cm, although in reality there is a significant difference.
>
> I see two alternatives to the proposed solution:
>
> a) (as suggested in the vote section) Deprecate the category "raised"
> and introduce two /new/ values ​​to differentiate it (eg "heightened"
> vs. "regular" or "medium" if there is sematic criticism of "regular")
> b) Keep the existing categories, accept that the term "raised" has so
> far included both normal and raised kerbs and merely introduce an
> explicit tag to distinguish /actually/ raised kerbs (e.g. "heightened").
>
> What do you think? Any other or further suggestions?

Rather than use words that are relative to personal perceptions .. why
not use numbers to say what you mean?

  curb:height=under_3_cm

curb:height=over_3_cm

  curb:height=3_cm_to_10_cm

curb:height=8_cm_to_15_cm

Would that be acceptable? It avoids the words and is readily understood.
It could lead to people inserting new values... but that is always the
case, at least with the numbers the new values would be understood.