[Tagging] Call for verification (Was: Re: [OSM-talk] VANDALISM !)

Jarek PiĆ³rkowski jarek at piorkowski.ca
Sat Aug 22 22:41:40 UTC 2020

On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 at 18:12, Clifford Snow <clifford at snowandsnow.us> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 3:06 PM Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Reading through it though, I noticed though that he used iD, & ticked the box "I would like someone to review my edits", which apparently didn't happen at the time?
>>
>> Question though - if an iD mapper asks for someone to review their edits, where does that appear?
>>
>> Does it just sit on the map like a Note or a Fix Me, or is there a report of some sort sitting somewhere to be processed?
>
> osmcha.org picks up the review request. Their interface makes it easy to view and post a comment back to the user.

Having said that, it is my impression that realistically a big
majority of review_requested=yes changesets never get a review. I
remember checking it on several of my changesets and never heard
anything.

This might depend on the location of the edit too, similarly to how
OSM.org Notes have different resolution rates worldwide.

(Not picking on anyone, I've also never done a review)

--Jarek