[Tagging] We should stop using hyphens to denote address ranges

Thibault Molleman thibaultmolleman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 16:52:00 UTC 2020

Update on my example I gave. We changed it to
addr:housename=Residentie Den Oude Post
addr:housenumber=14
addr:street=Kasteelstraat
addr:unit=1A;2A;3A

A more complex example:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/699214532

So this is Kasteelstraat 5
The bank that's located on the bottom floor is on Kasteelstraat 5 (so the
POI node has that address)
At the side of the building there is an entrance for the flats/units.
I mapped that as an entrance https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/7025498816
Should that entrance node also have the
addr:housenumber=15
tag or is it assumed based on it being placed on the building's way?