[Tagging] We should stop using hyphens to denote address ranges

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 17:15:04 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 23. Aug 2020, at 18:53, Thibault Molleman <thibaultmolleman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Should that entrance node also have the
> addr:housenumber=15
> tag or is it assumed based on it being placed on the building's way?

The addr:housenumber ideally should be added to the object to which it applies (polygon like building, entrance, gate, etc.). It will typically not be necessary to repeat it if the topology already makes the feature part of an object with the same addressing information, but some mappers (myself included) prefer repeating the address on POIs because it makes the data more stable.

Cheers Martin