[Tagging] Benches and hostile architecture

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 21:39:55 UTC 2020

On Sun, 23 Aug 2020 at 22:20, Peter Elderson <pelderson at gmail.com> wrote:

> The British really call bench construction "architecture"? Amazing.
>

>From the wikipedia article I provided a link to earlier: "Hostile
architecture is
an urban-design strategy that uses elements of the built environment to
purposefully guide or restrict behaviour in order to prevent crime and
maintain
order."  Benches are one of the things included.  As are paved surfaces
with bumps and the walls of buildings to prevent urination.

Hostile design might be better.  Another of the names given to it.

--
Paul