[Tagging] Benches and hostile architecture

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 23:41:09 UTC 2020

On Mon, 24 Aug 2020 at 00:22, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Or benches which are right away designed to not let you even sit
> comfortably, like the Rome bus stops:
>

> https://www.quotidianodiragusa.com/cache/2013/12/1386445483-0-roma-auto-impazzita-si-schianta-contro-la-fermata-del-bus-5-feriti_900x600.jpg

In my part of the world, this type of seat has become increasingly common
over
the past 20 years.  In larger shelters they are long enough to sleep on but
not
wide enough, so a tag indicating bench length as an indicator of it being
designed to discourage sleeping wouldn't work.  I agree with you that these
are also uncomfortable to sit on.

Either we come up with very specific tags for ever particular variation
of every type of object that could be used to deter sleeping (or
skateboarding, or urination, or whatever) or we come up with a
a general tag (hostile_architecture=yes) to indicate there is
something abnormal.

--
Paul

--