[Tagging] Network-tag needs extension

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 00:01:23 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 23. Aug 2020, at 21:52, Michael Schmidt via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>
> But this does not reflect current practice.
> I have randomly checked bus relations in Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne and Munich and found, that the practice comes very different.
> Some without abbreviation, some without, the next as a mix.

yes, it is not yet standardized and you can find all kinds of variations. It does not hinder us to do it from now on. As soon as you define a desired way of doing it, we will start converging these variations.

> I have found network:short, like I proposed and even network:long.

Yes, it all happens, but the question is: do we want to encourage it because it is a good idea, or may we discourage it in favor of a single tag unambiguous tag which might be sufficient? I’m a friend of the latter.

Cheers Martin