[Tagging] Benches and hostile architecture

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 00:43:45 UTC 2020

On Mon, 24 Aug 2020 at 09:43, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Either we come up with very specific tags for ever particular variation
> of every type of object that could be used to deter sleeping (or
> skateboarding, or urination, or whatever) or we come up with a
> a general tag (hostile_architecture=yes) to indicate there is
> something abnormal.

One of our local councillors came up with her own way of deterring
teenagers from hanging around the bus stops in the CBD, & also homeless
from sleeping there overnight.

She had vandalism-proof speakers installed over them, that play classical
music 24/7!

It's worked!

Maybe
hostile_architecture=yes
"preventing"=sleeping / sitting / skateboarding / urination / camping etc
would work?

I don't really like preventing but something along that general idea?
Prevention_of? Deterring/ent?

Thanks

Graeme