[Tagging] Call for verification (Was: Re: [OSM-talk] VANDALISM !)

Jonathon Rossi jono at jonorossi.com
Mon Aug 24 04:05:32 UTC 2020

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 12:10 PM Andrew Harvey <andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> In OSMCha you can create a Filter, and in the Filter creation screen set a
> polygon area you're interested in monitoring

Andrew, how do you specify a polygon, always wanted to do that but I
thought OSMCha only supports a bbox?

You can also get an RSS feed for this if you use an RSS reader, otherwise
> maybe an RSS to email service could work

RSS feed and RSS to email service (Feedrabbit is a side project of mine) is
exactly what I do.

I monitor the whole greater Sydney region and south coast and yes it does
> take time, but I think it's worth it for the errors you catch. There are a
> few others who also review with OSMCha, but we don't have a good way to
> distribute the work to avoid duplication and minimize one's slipping
> through the gaps.

I don't follow an area anywhere near that big here but I definitely find
errors, often with new mappers and sometimes from the organised mapping
teams. OSMCha works okay, but something that keeps track of the changesets
to review and other states while you are waiting on fixes would help.

--
Jono