[Tagging] Call for verification (Was: Re: [OSM-talk] VANDALISM !)

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 14:32:24 UTC 2020

On 24/08/2020 00.47, Jonathon Rossi wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 2:22 PM Andrew Harvey wrote:
>> On Mon, 24 Aug 2020 at 14:05, Jonathon Rossi wrote:
>>> Andrew, how do you specify a polygon, always wanted to do that but I
>>> thought OSMCha only supports a bbox?
>>
>> [...] So at the top you should see a map with a button in the top right.
>> Click that button and trace your polygon on the map.
>
> Thanks. I've always read the text next to the map ("Filter changesets whose
> bbox intersect with a location boundary.") as meaning the map helps you
> define a bbox. i.e. it wouldn't keep and filter using the polygon, just
> uses it to work out a bbox to contain the polygon. Is that text misleading?

Does it really only use the changeset bounding box? That's good as a
first-pass culling test, but I would be somewhat annoyed if my ROI is
"Chicago, IL" and I get notified because someone changed Kansas City, MO
and Detroit, MI in the same changeset without changing anything near
Chicago.

--
Matthew