[Tagging] Have our tagging voting rules changed recently?

Michael Montani michael.montani at un.org
Tue Aug 25 14:07:30 UTC 2020

Dear all,

I'm the author of the proposal of natural=bare_soil<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Ground>. I didn't expect this modification to the voting process would have (correctly) raised this issue. As you can imagine and guessed, the motivation was to convey negative consensus to useful information to make the proposal better (not to make the opposition votes become agreement ones).

I have been biased by the fact I saw the very same sentence in a past voting proposal, even if unfortunately I cannot recall which one right now...

Thank you and sincere apologies,
Michael