[Tagging] Tagging multiple images on one object

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Wed Aug 26 09:27:35 UTC 2020

On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 at 10:04, Thibault Molleman
<thibaultmolleman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah, I feel like there are certain images that might get deleted from Commons
> just because they don't "contribute to wikipedia articles".

That is not a valid reason for deletion from Wikimedia Commons.

Commons' scope is far wider than just hosting images for Wikipedia.

> Maybe a special example but still:
> Recently mapped a construction zone for a residential area and took a
> couple photos. Those might not "belong on Commons" according to their
> moderation team.

There is no "moderation team" on Commons; deletion decisions there are
made by the community of contributors at large (just like edits in
OSM).

Your images sound as though they would be in scope. Did you try to upload them?

Do you have an example of an image which has been deleted from Commons?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing