[Tagging] Confusion bicycle_road <> cyclestreet

joost schouppe joost.schouppe at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 12:28:44 UTC 2020

> > So putting the Dutch and Belgian thing together but not the German, that
> doesn't make much sense.
>

> I read this as a suggestion for a third alternative tag?

Noooooooooooo!

:)

Just saying that there's similar concepts that could have had the same main
tag (and different clarifying tags or country-based defaults explained on
the wiki)  or could have had different tags with exact implications; and
that we wound up with a random combination of the two.

As long as cyclestreet is clearly "marketed" as "a tag that has different
implications in different countries", then there really is no practical
issue. The weirdest thing to happen would be if now, say, Finland would use
bicycle_road for something really different than the German logic.