[Tagging] Tagging multiple images on one object

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 13:37:21 UTC 2020

On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 at 10:06, Thibault Molleman <thibaultmolleman at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ah, I feel like there are certain images that might get deleted from
> Commons just because they don't "contribute to wikipedia articles".

The commons isn't quite that arbitrary.  They allow images which are of
interest, but "of interest" is rather arbitrary.  Generally, though, images
used by wikipedia itself are not candidates for deletion.

So what is needed is a bot of some sort that trawls the OSM database (which
wikipedia has a copy of to create its own maps) to look for
wikimedia_commons
tags and somehow flags relevant images as being used on OSM.

--
Paul