[Tagging] Tagging multiple images on one object

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed Aug 26 18:39:57 UTC 2020

26 Aug 2020, 20:34 by pla16021 at gmail.com:

> On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 at 18:03, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <> tagging at openstreetmap.org> > wrote:
>
>> Though note that in practice that it is fairly rare to delete things as out of scope.
>>

> That's true.  But the spectre of it happening is raised whenever people mention
> using wikimedia images.
>
> What I could see happening is linking to a wikimedia image because that is
> the only one of the POI.  Later somebody uploads another image of the same
> POI taken from approximately the same angle and distance, but of much
> better quality.  Later still, somebody at wikimedia decides they don't
> need two almost identical images of the same thing, so deletes the
> lower-quality one.
>
> --
> Paul

In practice you need horrific image quality,
to the point of unasibility for deletion to
succeed
Not just "clearly better".

They have backlog of copyright violations,
and tricky cases where legality is not clear.

People making backlog worse by making
such "low quality, delete" would not be
appreciated or encouraged there