[Tagging] Confusion bicycle_road <> cyclestreet

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 19:15:03 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 26. Aug 2020, at 14:44, Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In my opinion the "naked " German Fahrradstrasse is equivalent to
> highway=service|residential
> vehicle=no
> foot=use_sidewalk  or sidewalk=separate if there is a separate sidewalk
> bicycle=designated
> maxspeed=30

this raises the question whether highway=residential with vehicle=no is still a residential road. you would not expect a residential road to exclude all kinds of vehicles, would you? It’s more like a highway=cycleway with width=5 and foot=yes (on the sidewalks).
In both cases you kind of loose the nuances.

Cheers Martin