[Tagging] Tagging multiple images on one object

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 21:35:55 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 26. Aug 2020, at 15:21, Jake Edmonds via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>
> Sorry, I meant that images of generic drinking fountains can go in ‘Drinking fountains in <location>’ and only need one image linked to the node.
> A unique fountain deserves its own category

I named the fountains as an example where I see one image as sufficient. Of course you could also make tens of each, with details, from all sides and so on, but for me 1 is completely ok, serves to give an impression.

On the other hand, city gates should have at least 2, one from the outside and one from the inside, in those cases I have recently seen, and you can’t do it with the image tag (a category for every individual city gate seems overkill too in many cases).

Cheers Martin