[Tagging] tagging for fairgrounds

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 00:33:23 UTC 2020

On 28/8/20 8:05 am, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 at 05:31, Richard Welty <rwelty at averillpark.net
> <mailto:rwelty at averillpark.net>> wrote:
>

>     again in the US, state and county fairgrounds are permanent facilities
>     which function as event space when the fair is not actually going on.
>     the midway is usually temporary, but the buildings for, say,
>     agricultural exhibits are permanent, as is the race track (at many
>     fairs), which might be for horses or cars.
>

> As Phil said for the UK, in Australia they are Showgrounds, with just
> about every country town having their own.
>
> As per your description, the show is usually only on for one weekend a
> year, but there are permanent buildings & facilities on site, & the
> area isĀ  frequently used as a caravan / tourist park for the rest of
> the year.

In Australia:

"The Show" (where ever it is) as Graeme says, is once a year for a week
or two. However other events are also held at the same venue.

For example via a quick web search, the Mt Isa Show 1 week per year in
June, Mt Isa Roedo 1 week per year in August, Mt Isa Motor Show and Swap
Meet 1 day per year in August and there are others.

Presently in OSM as a recreation ground as Way: Buchannan Park
Racecourse 455194137. I would assume racing takes place here as well as
the above 'shows'.