[Tagging] Rail segment in a bike route

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 07:08:09 UTC 2020

I added that it's not needed for ferries in the proposal on the wiki. It's
alright if we have more than 1 way to do it and leave it up to the mapper
to decide whether to map as a single route relation or split them and use a
superroute relation.

If I start doing a bicycle tour, I want to know in advance if I'll be able
to cycle the whole stretch, or if there will be waiting time for other
means of transportation. I would also like to know if there will be a fee
to pay for these means of transportation and whether it's necessary to
hurry, in case there is only 1 per x hours, or they don't function at
night. By using separate route relations, it becomes possible to add
opening hours and a frequency/period on them.

Jo