[Tagging] How to tag for dualband GPS ?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 10:43:24 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 1. Dec 2020, at 11:18, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The 'Auto' setting may not be 'optimal' for what you want, but as a compromise between data bloat and resolution/accuracy it maybe better than a fixed time as judged by the developer/manufacture.

I‘ve always recorded tracks with the maximum resolution (which was 1s on my unit), because “data bloat” with gpx traces was never an issue, we’re talking about text files, and a whole year only has 31.557.600 seconds (and you will be eating and sleeping and doing other stuff then recording gps as well).

For better results you  shouldn’t convert the gpx directly into OpenStreetMap anyway.

Cheers Martin